Condensed information about the competition. Please, find the full information in the rules.
Ultimate subscription date
1st of March 2020
Category, age limit
The competition has 4 categories
- Jeune Talent
And only one age limit : 35 years maximum.
Howto choose your category ?
Choose the most appropriate imposed room for the level you think you are representing.
Espoir : “Danse des Antilopes” from Vincent Ghadimi
August 2019 version, available here
Jeune Talent: One work to be chosen between
- Guitare, Op.50, Alphonse Hasselmans,
- Aubade, Op.30, Alphonse Hasselmans,
Excellence : Two compulsory works :
- a study, François-Joseph Dizi, free choice
- La Mélancolie, Op.23 de Félix Godefroid
- Qualifying round: a contemporary piece, especially composed for the competition, more or less 4min of length, to be send to all subscribed contestants beginning of December.
- Finale: Two compulsory works
- Danse Sacrée et Danse Profane from Claude Debussy
- a work by choice from Félix Godefroid
In addition to the imposed, you will submit a personnal choice of pieces . Your performance at the competition will include your free choice repertoire and the compulsory work(s) within the limit of time applying to each category:
- Espoir : minimum 8 minutes , maximum 10 minutes
- Jeune Talent : minimum 12 minutes, maximum 15 minutes
- Excellence : minimum 20 minutes, maximum 25 minutes
- Soliste : for each performance, minimum 25 minutes, maximum 28 minutes